Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Houston, TX, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is seeking an Operations Analyst to join our Retail Operations team in Houston, TX.
The Operations Analyst is responsible for daily execution of the retail operations processes within the customer order-to-cash lifecycle. This position will work day-to-day activities within the Operations department communicating with both external vendors and internally integrated departments.
This position will report to the Director of Operations.
- Execute the operations of and contribute to the company’s operations policies and procedures for commercial retail power customers
- Verify close adherence to the process controls and identify future gaps in controls and procedures
- Should have the ability to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of operations processes assigned and make recommendations to improve those processes
- Enter customer information into the Customer Relationship Management system accurately
- Proactively monitor Pre and post deal usage requests, customer enrollments, drops, and billing usage to verify smooth operational flow
- Update internal systems as necessary with contact details, conversations and issues affecting the customer
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in Retail Energy, preferably in PJM market
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field
- Must demonstrate effective critical thinking skills, problem-solving capabilities, and ability to independently research and communicate resolution of complex issues
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues effectively and concisely
- Strong understanding and functional ability in Microsoft Suite of products. Excel, Word, etc.
- Understanding of quantitative data analysis, a plus Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis, with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, including a criminal and civil check, financial credit, driving record and social security verification
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: May 23, 2023