Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Sugar Land, TX, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for an experienced Environmental Manager to coordinate and oversee the environmental aspects of our operating & development projects. The candidate will work directly with each plant’s third-party O&M teams to ensure environmental compliance and support any permitting issues. This candidate will support CPV’s North American asset management and development teams located in our Braintree, MA and Silver Spring, MD offices.
The position reports to the Head of Asset Management.
This position is located in our Braintree, MA office.
Responsible for overseeing various aspects of the environmental compliance and permitting of renewable and dispatchable generation in the U.S. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization. General responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage the implementation of CPV’s environmental programs and
policies across its operating portfolio.
- Oversee required environmental reporting to ensure that required environmental
programs and permits are properly implemented and the Plants maintain full
compliance with all environmental obligations.
- Oversee the emissions allowances and trading program.
- Support permit renewals and modifications.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the Plants’ Environmental programs to ensure they
meet applicable regulations and/or corporate directives.
- Review applicable emergency response plans, spill prevention plans, , risk
management plans, storm water pollution prevention plans, environmental
compliance and other site-specific environmental materials and provide guidance
on necessary updates.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies as necessary to address environmental
reporting, inspections, and potential compliance events.
- Provide environmental support for projects in development and construction.
- Provide environmental due diligence support for Merger and Acquisitions efforts.
- Maintain professional affiliations with environmental organizations and other
professionals to keep current with new environmental regulations and
management best practices.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Strong communication and willingness to have a hands-on approach is required.
- Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local
environmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to successfully manage projects and demonstrate computer use aptitude
including online compliance applications and management systems.
- A bachelor’s degree, a degree in environmental science, environmental
engineering or a similar related major preferred.
- A minimum of five years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience working in a power plant or in an industrial facility is preferred.
- A demonstrated track record in developing, implementing, and maintaining
environmental policies and procedures in an industrial setting.
- A demonstrated track record in implementing corporate environmental policies and
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of environmental regulations, and strong
computer and communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work both
independently and within a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- This position supports multiple facilities. As such, frequent travel is not a core
requirement; however, the candidate should be able to perform travel as
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with our core values.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check.
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Braintree, MA