Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is a leading top-tier North American Independent power producer. CPV is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge technology, domestically available fuels, energy storage and renewable power technology. CPV has more than two decades of proven history and is majority owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for a financial analyst who brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity and financial modeling aptitude, to lead the modeling effort for CPV’s energy transition development efforts. The candidate will support project level decision making and financing and capitalization efforts through the creation, development and maintenance of detailed financial models. In doing so, the candidate will be directly involved in the development of each project through commercial contract negotiation, technical analysis and complex financial structuring.
This Analyst will support CPV’s North American reliability development team located in our Braintree, MA office. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, leaving “no stone unturned” from an analytical standpoint. Experience creating and maintaining financial models is a must, exposure and experience in the energy industry a plus. Candidate must be a self-directed, motivated individual, willing and able to balance multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast- paced environment. The Energy Transition Analyst will play a lead role in the technical and financial analysis and commercial evaluation of emerging and evolving energy production technologies including: carbon capture, hydrogen production, energy storage and other technologies.. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience developing a business case, building and maintaining complex financial models, and providing analytical support in a project or transaction based environment.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Development.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for supporting various aspects of the development of dispatchable generation, hydrogen production, carbon capture and energy storage projects in the U.S. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and work effectively with people at all levels in an organization. The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain complex financial models
- Ability to communicate the results of complex analyses effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Provide detailed research to build out assumption support documentation.
- Perform techno-economic analysis of current and emerging technologies and support the development of project specific business case
- Support the implementation of new technologies into development project design through techno-economic analysis
- Own the project financial model and play a key role in the financing/capitalization efforts of each project
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business administration, engineering, or economics;
- Up to 5 years of experience in financial analysis, energy-related business a plus;
- Interest in the energy industry and the ongoing effort to decarbonize the US generation fleet, experience and competency with energy generation systems a plus;
- Ambition to work in a result-oriented team with steep learning curve;
- Self-starter, organized, and able to communicate effectively and work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level computer, interpersonal, and facilitation skills;
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information and communicate results verbally, in writing and via PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to periodically work remotely, subject to in-office obligations.
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: August 22, 2022
Location: Braintree, MA