Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Sugar Land, TX, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for someone who is experienced in maintenance of power generation facilities to coordinate and oversee the maintenance aspects of our operating projects. The candidate will support CPV’s Asset Management team and work directly with each plant’s third-party O&M teams to oversee their maintenance plans and initiatives looking to drive consistency and implement best practices across the portfolio. This candidate will support CPV’s North American Asset Management team located in our Braintree, MA and Silver Spring, MD offices.
The position reports to the Head of Asset Management.
This position is located in our Braintree, MA office.
Responsible for overseeing the various maintenance programs across the CPV operating portfolio and implementing maintenance best practices with a goal of achieving the highest level of availability and reliability in the most cost-effective manner. Work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in our organization. General responsibilities will include:
- Create and manage the implementation of CPV’s overall maintenance programs and plans across the operating portfolio.
- Develop maintenance standards & practices and perform a gap analysis against what is currently being performed at each project.
- Identify maintenance best practices and lessons learned and promote them across the operating portfolio.
- Work with the site O&M teams on outage planning and outage execution.
- Support unplanned outage events to facilitate prompt return to service and availability.
- Leverage maintenance opportunities across the CPV portfolio for efficiency and potential cost savings in performing maintenance.
- Oversee maintenance activities related to NERC matters.
- Support the remote equipment monitoring program and assist with any follow up action items.
- Provide root cause analysis support.
- Assist with the derivation and implementation of capital projects.
- Identify qualified contractors and equipment suppliers and maintain professional affiliations with them and other professionals to keep current with maintenance best practices.
- Work with the O&M providers to promote a safe working environment and ensure that all personnel and contractors follow appropriate safety procedures, policies and environmental compliance.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with a willingness to have a hands-on approach.
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of power generation operations and maintenance, ideally specializing in combined cycle facilities.
- Ability to successfully manage projects and demonstrate computer use aptitude including online compliance applications and management systems.
- A bachelor’s degree, an engineering degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of relevant experience.
- A demonstrated track record in developing, implementing, overseeing maintenance policies and procedures in an industrial setting.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of performing and planning activities and outages.
- A demonstrated track record in implementing comprehensive maintenance policies and procedures.
- Must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- This position supports multiple facilities. As such, frequent travel is not a core requirement; however, the candidate should be able to travel as necessary. Travel expectation is approximately 25%.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with our core values.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check.
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Braintree, MA