Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
CPV has an exciting opportunity for an experienced retail energy executive to help build and lead its retail energy business, located in our Silver Spring, MD office. The successful candidate will lead CPV to become a Retail Energy Provider in the Northeast markets initially and then nationwide. Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of US retail energy industry, wholesale power markets. Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
This position will report into CPV’s Head of Retail.
The ideal candidate for this position will manage and be responsible for the successful entry into deregulated electricity markets and execution of the retail strategy according to the company’s objectives.
The essential responsibilities of this position include:
• Manage the pricing, hedging, and risk functions for the CPV retail book primarily focused on C&I customers
• Select and build the pricing engine from the ground-up with the ability to model and contract supply, demand charges for large load customers (Custom pricing)
• Collaborate with other functions across CPV and work closely with Sales on deals valuation and closing
• Help create structured product for C&I customers working with our generation fleet
• Create all forward curves for pricing and manage non energy curves using the platform• Responsible for hiring and managing pricing team for both broker and direct sales folks
• Responsible for managing the pricing system for day-to-day pricing requests and position
• Develop retail volumetric and financial risk exposure reporting by working with the generation desk
• Developed reporting and hedge commodity volumetric and financial exposures for the portfolio, including energy, capacity, RECs, and ancillaries across all major zones
• Understanding the generation/renewable assets portfolio to manage the retail book
• Create strategies to hedge load-following exposure in the retail load portfolio – including but not limited to leaning long/short, options, and weather hedges
- 10+ years’ experience with retail electricity supply with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership capacity
- A strong understanding of the principles of Independent System Operators (PJM, NEPOOL, NYISO and ERCOT).
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering or business, MIS or master’s is preferred
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information
- Excellent writing, communications, presentation, interpersonal, problem-solving, financial analysis, and organizational skills
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with our core values.
- Ability to travel 20-30% as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: March 16, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD