Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Houston, TX, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV Retail Energy is one of North America’s fastest-growing energy supply providers targeting larger commercial and industrial customers. We have a new opportunity for a Vice President, Sales to join its Retail team, based in our office in Sugar Land, Texas. The primary objective for this role is to build and manage a team of experienced energy sales professionals, selling electricity and energy-related services while growing strong business relationships with both direct and indirect sales channels. This individual will be responsible for identifying and promoting strategies to capture new customers, and maintaining existing customer base, and serving in a team-lead/mentoring capacity to team members. This individual should have a working knowledge of ESG initiatives and will be able to work with the Supply team to help customers achieve their sustainability goals.
We continually seek talented people dedicated to providing fresh thinking in an exciting, evolving industry that’s never been more relevant than in today’s marketplace.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for setting the sales strategy and managing the delivery of agreed sales team’s targets in terms of overall gross and net margin, customer numbers, and energy volumes in the defined markets.
- Must have excellent product and industry knowledge to educate potential customers on pricing and application of competitive advantages to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and systems including the CRM.
- Remain current on the competition and market conditions. Provide input on market activities to the appropriate marketing and management personnel.
- Support the internal functional groups by working collaboratively and effectively with all members.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, marketing, math, engineering or related field; MBA a plus
- Minimum 10-year retail energy sales experience with a solid foundation of managing sales teams.
- Must show history of successfully setting and executing on sales strategy through changing market conditions.
- Must be able to apply market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific target audiences and working closely with cross-functional team members from Pricing/Supply, Operations, IT, Accounting, and Legal to ensure the highest level of customer experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of electric utility tariffs.
- Knowledge of ESG initiatives and sustainability requirements from an “Environment” perspective
- Must have a successful track record of selling and closing complex products.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and follow-through skills.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, and experience with sales automation applications.
- Excellent leadership abilities with a strong sense of accountability.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with our core values
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: October 27, 2022
Location: Sugar Land TX