Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
CPV is seeking a Senior Portfolio Accountant to join our Accounting team. This position reports to the Vice President of Accounting and will work closely with a project accounting director and others in the organization. This position is located in the Company’s headquarters office in Silver Spring, Maryland. The Company manages many powerplant projects that require accounting and financial reporting services. This individual will be assigned to oversee the day-to-day accounting operations for a number of power plant projects. This position is responsible for performing timely and accurate reporting, analysis, journal entries, account reconciliations, roll forwards and other recurring accounting tasks in compliance with a monthly close schedule and used in tax return preparation. The position will also provide support to the year-end financial statement audits performed by external auditors.
- Perform general ledger accounting and month-end accounting close processes
- Preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, roll forward schedules, and periodic disbursement packages
- Be the liaison with external and internal stakeholders of the Company regarding accounting topics
- Utilize, update, and maintain accounting information using Excel, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and automated workflow tools
- Bachelor’s degree is required in accounting or business-related concentration
- Minimum of 4 years of general ledger accounting, systems, analysis, account reconciliation and month-end accounting close experience required
- CPA a plus
- Energy and/or Real Estate Industry experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Prior accounting experience, in public or corporate organization, with real estate or energy businesses preferred
- CPA qualification a plus
- Detail-oriented, organized, the ability to handle a high volume of data, and manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong technical accounting background
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and spreadsheets
- Proficiency with fully integrated ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus) and automated workflow tools
- Solid balance sheet account reconciliation background
- Excellent project organizational and effective teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on superior customer service
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: January 13, 2022
Location: Silver Spring, MD