Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Houston, TX, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by a consortium of Israeli investors led by OPC Energy Ltd., the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is seeking a high performing Senior Associate to join its industry leading Finance team. This position is located in our Silver Spring, MD headquarters where employees enjoy a hybrid work arrangement and a competitive compensation / benefits package. CPV’s Finance group is responsible for the financial management of efficient, utility scale, operating clean energy generation projects that CPV has developed, financed, overseen construction of, and holds an ownership interest in, as well as similar projects owned by third parties (private equity and other financial investors) that have entrusted CPV to manage investments on their behalf. Reporting to the VP Finance, this position will work closely with members of the Finance team responsible for oversight of individual natural gas operating projects and will be tasked with helping to scale existing financial reporting and analysis deliverables, improving budgeting / forecasting processes, assisting with treasury functions, and implementing process improvements that will drive efficiencies across the portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with an analytical mindset that thrives in a fast-paced environment, comfortable taking initial direction and running with specific tasks to completion. This position will receive initial training and then enjoy on the job experiences covering all relevant aspects of financial management of large operating power projects, including management reporting,
forecasting, settlements / treasury and liquidity management, capitalization optimization, project commercialization and collateral / risk management, stakeholder relations, contract compliance, etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of and perform quantitative analysis for existing monthly / quarterly / annual financial reporting and financial management tools; drive further development of these tools as CPV’s systems and processes evolve
- Take ownership of recurring project forecast / budget file updates
- Prepare and submit equity and debt reporting deliverables; complete submissions for treasury, collateral management, etc.
- Constantly seek more efficient ways of doing things while ensuring consistency in approach across the portfolio
- Collaborate closely with other departments within CPV (commercial/trading, operations, accounting, legal) and work with more senior Finance team members to deliver work products
- Build and grow strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Develop an appreciation for how tasks being performed fit into the big picture to facilitate future advancement opportunities within CPV
What we expect:
- Motivated self-starter that is detail-oriented, organized, and be able to manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics orientation
- 1-3+ years of relevant work experience (energy industry experience a plus but not required); familiarity with basic accounting and financial reporting concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (SQL / VBA / Power BI / etc. experience a plus but not required)
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- Strong oral and written English skills
- High integrity with ability to handle confidential sensitive information
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
What we offer:
• Hybrid work arrangement
• Opportunity to learn the electric generation business from the industry’s leading experts and contribute to modernization of America’s power grid
• Intellectually stimulating work environment
• Competitive compensation (base salary + a discretionary company and individual performance
based annual bonus) and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision (low deductible, no
monthly premiums) and 401(k) (generous company match up to 6%)
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: January 19, 2023
Location: Silver Spring, MD