Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA, and Houston, TX, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically
available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV has a new opportunity for a Pricing & Supply Analyst to join its Retail team, based in Houston, Texas. The primary duties will be the accurate costing of retail electricity for commercial and industrial clients, including historical usage data collection and review, load profile analysis, critical cost component review, cost validation, and market analysis to find strategic buying opportunities for customers.
This position will report to the Vice President of Retail Pricing and Supply.
The Role and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyzing historical usage information for commercial and industrial structuring requests
- Using the historical usage data, run forecasting process for energy usage expectation and provide pricing to Sales Team
- Assist in costing, pricing, and structuring retail electricity transactions in PJM, ISONE, NYISO, and ERCOT
- Assist with maintenance, development, and validation of forward price curves for power
- Analyze the price risk and volumetric risk associated with serving customers on retail products
- Maintain costing model assumptions and prices for structured retail products
- Manage and validate booking of deals into systems
- Assist with development, testing, and maintenance of application platforms
- Provide ad-hoc analysis on market fundamentals, pricing components, and risk exposures associated with deals
- Remain up to date with market news and regulations
Job Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree – Majors in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, are preferred
- 1+ year prior experience in the energy industry
- Knowledge of SQL, R, or Python is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to think logically and with clear reasoning
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage stressful situations
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day.
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: October 11, 2022
Location: Houston, TX