Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV has more than two decades of proven history and is majority owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for a junior-level Associate to join its Reliability Development Team, located in our Braintree, MA office. This candidate will play an active role in the development of prospective greenfield dispatchable generation, hydrogen production, carbon capture and energy storage projects. Candidate must be self-motivated and be willing to take initiative to complete assignments in a fast- paced environment. Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Development.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for supporting various aspects of the development of the aforementioned projects in the US from site identification through financial closing to the start of construction. Requires working within a team consisting of internal and external resources. The specific responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Support the identification of greenfield sites for the development
- Support the development of projects from site identification through commencement of construction
- Work closely with external consultants and internal departments including engineering, finance, energy management/origination, external affairs, legal and asset management
- Update Management on project progress, action items and budget
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering or business
- Less than 5 years of experience in a project-based environment, energy-related business a plus
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information
- Strong financial skills and understanding of pro forma modeling and NPV/IRR analysis
- Excellent writing, communications, presentation, interpersonal, problem-solving, financial analysis, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint and proven ability to learn new software programs. Familiarity with GIS programs is a plus
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: October 4, 2022
Location: Braintree, MA