Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Houston, TX, is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV Retail Energy is one of North America’s fastest-growing energy supply providers targeting larger commercial and industrial customers. We has an opportunity for a Director of Operations, to join the Retail team, based in our office in Sugar Land, Texas. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Operations is responsible for planning, guidance, and daily execution of the retail operations processes within the customer order-to-cash lifecycle. This position will manage the day-to-day activities of the Operations department working with both external vendors and internally integrated departments.
Roles and Responsibilities
Execute the operations of and contribute to the company’s operations policies and procedures for commercial retail power customers
- Verify close adherence to the process controls and identify future gaps in controls and procedures
- Must have the ability to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of operations team and make recommendations to keep costs in-line with targets
- Proactively monitor customer enrollments, drops, and billing usage to verify smooth operational flow
- Maintain, track, and report operational scorecards
- Update internal systems as necessary with contact details, conversations and issues affecting payment timeliness.
- Lead a team of operations analysts
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field; Master’s degree preferred, not required • 7 to 10 years of experience leading core operational teams in Retail Energy
- Experience in new market entry
- Experience with M&A integrations is preferred
- Must demonstrate effective critical thinking skills, problem-solving capabilities, and ability to independently research and communicate resolution of complex issues
- Detail oriented and comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues effectively and concisely
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies
- Experience in quantitative analysis of data
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with our core values
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday).
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: October 24, 2022
Location: Sugar Land TX