Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for a Director to join its Finance team, specifically to create, execute, and manage the FP&A activities and processes necessary to support and advance CPV’s Retail business. The Finance group is responsible for the financial management of CPV’s business lines, including CPV’s Retail entity. This position is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, who can move quickly, multitask, prioritize and work with confidential information.
This position will report to the CFO, and work under the day-to-day supervision of the Senior Vice President, Retail.
The location of this role is open either in Houston, TX or Silver Spring, MD
- The ideal candidate will lead the financial planning, budgeting, and reporting activities specifically for the Retail entity and must understand the Commercial and Industrial ESCO/REP business
- Ownership mentality with solving business problems (not just reporting results) and using analytics to guide decision making.
- Create and manage the retail forecasting model, track, and report variances
- Summarize key activities and findings related to variances on monthly basis
- Prepare detailed analysis of variances for energy, ancillaries, other costs components on monthly basis
- Highly analytical and inquisitive with a keen attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau) is a plus.
- Performs analysis on cost to serve and cost to acquire for the retail entity
- Lead the annual budgeting process and monthly, quarterly updates
- Develop standard and report on KPIs, that are distributed to upper management on monthly basis
- Perform detailed sales analysis related to customer class, meters, margins, and load profiles with seasonality to manage our sales strategy by State/ISO
- Prepare actual monthly management reporting package
What We Expect
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Engineering orientation
- Master of Business Administration preferred but not required
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and be able to manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: May 11, 2022
Location: Houston, TX or Silver Spring, MD