Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in
Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help
modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by
developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural
gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by an Israeli consortium majority held by OPC
Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel.
CPV is looking for a Director to join its Finance team. The Finance group is responsible for the financial
management of projects owned by CPV, as well as projects owned by third parties but managed by CPV
under asset management agreements. This Director position will work with project team members to
develop/manage/report on project-specific budgets for a portfolio of projects on a monthly, quarterly,
and annual basis, as applicable. The position will also help drive capital investment decisions, optimize
capital structures, and manage portfolio liquidity. The Director will lead the interaction with the
project/portfolio’s lenders/investors to ensure compliance with project agreements and credit
documents. This position is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual with a desire to work in a
fast-paced environment, who can move quickly, multitask, prioritize and work with confidential
The location of this role could be in either our Braintree, MA or Silver Spring, MD office, with a
preference in the Silver Spring, MD office.
- Manage relationship with the projects’ Boards of Directors and Lenders;
- Present financial results, project performance and variance analysis to Boards of Directors and Lenders;
- Coordinate review of project level financial results, proformas of individual assets and portfolio roll-up;
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages for internal and external reporting as applicable;
- Review quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of project-level budget development, review, and variance reporting. Sensitize existing and/or create financial pro formas to drive investment decisions;
- Conduct contract / agreement reviews;
- Build and grow strong lender relationships; and
- Collaborate closely with other departments within the Company and work with senior professionals to deliver final work products as appropriate.
What We Expect
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Engineering orientation
- Master of Business Administration preferred but not required
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- Strong oral and written English skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and be able to manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with
integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: July 12, 2022
Location: Braintree, MA or Silver Spring, MD