Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and offices in Braintree, MA and Sugar Land, TX, is a leading clean energy company built around the belief that progressive companies can be powerful leaders in creating a better world.
CPV is looking for a Director, Corporate Communications and Community Affairs to join its External Affairs team. This position is located in the greater Boston, MA area, and reports to the Director of External & Regulatory Affairs. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating brand development, media relations, digital media, community relations, project outreach, internal communications and advertising.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communication and media relations strategy, focusing on our project development, ESG and corporate branding.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various media outlets, including national press, local outlets and trade publications. •
- Manage numerous external public relations firms to ensure consistent messaging, optimized outreach and ongoing, positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Direct the management of the company’s digital media strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships in the company’s host communities and coordinate community relations strategy.
- First and foremost, be a team player. We have an amazing culture at CPV. Anyone who enjoys working with high performing people that focus on success, not individual accolades, will love working here.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Policy, Political Science or other related field is strongly preferred. Graduate degree in any of these fields is highly desirable.
- Seven (7) + years’ experience in communication positions with progressively responsible communication positions and corporate initiatives.
- Communication experience in the energy sector strongly desired.
- Ability to draft internal and external communications, presentations, and documents to CPV management, public groups, and employees.
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-starter able to manage several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on accurate and economic execution.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with our core values
- Ability to travel – 20-30%
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background and financial credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Braintree, MA