Competitive Power Ventures, Inc. (“CPV”), with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in Braintree, MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. CPV is owned by OPC Energy, the first privately held electric company in Israel. OPC Energy became a public company in August 2017 and is traded on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: OPCE).
CPV is seeking a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Accounting team in Silver Spring, MD. We maintain a shared services environment to perform accounts payable, billing, employee expense reporting and other back-office functionssuch as Treasury support, and this position will have a role in supporting the day-to-day shared services environment. The company is comprised of a series of holding companies and manages many power plant projects that require these shared services. In this operational role, the ideal individual will have hands-on responsibilities to support the day-to-day accounts payable operations for a variety of holding companies and power plant projects. This position is responsible for performing timely and accurate data entry, detailed review of data entry, account reconciliations and other recurring accounting tasks in compliance with various company policies and procedures. It is important for this individual to perform the Company’s AP and AR functions timely, accurately and conform to the Company’s internal control framework.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Accounting.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a dynamic, high volume AP environment across a high number of legal entities
- Review vendor set-up and maintenance submitted by accounts payable staff for compliance with multiple detailed company policies
- Review vendor invoices submitted by accounts payable staff for accuracy and compliance with company policies
- Review customer accounts receivable invoices submitted by accounts payable and settlements staff for accuracy and compliance with company policies
- Assist with various Treasury tasks as the company works to centralize its Treasury Function
- Daily AP and AR batch review and posting in Dynamics GP Accounts Payable Specialist
- Review of employee expense reports for accuracy and compliance with company policies
- Oversight and management of bank file submission process for ACH and Positive Pay transactions
- Oversight and management of weekly payment run process
- Oversight of corporate AP team to ensure volume is level set across staff and surfacing of consistent processing issues
- Tracking and monitoring of invoice submissions for approval, payment and reconciliation
- Oversight and approval of manual purchasing and sales related transactions in Dynamics GP
- Utilize, update and maintain accounting information using Excel, OfficeCast, Microsoft Dynamics GP and automated workflow tools
Required Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a business-related concentration preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in AP and AR functions, and other basic general ledger
accounting, financial accounting, systems and analysis
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an invoice and vendor review and approval role
- Detail-oriented, organized, and the ability to multi-task several priorities in a high volume,
deadline driven, and fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and automated workflow tools
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and Excel spreadsheets
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent project organizational and effective teamwork skills
- Exhibit a professional demeanor that aligns with our core values
- Must pass a background check and credit check
CPV holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency, and honesty to ensure our success.
CPV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: November 27, 2023
Silver Spring, MD